- Ελληνική Έκδοση
- Undergraduate Courses Outlines
- Outline Modification (available only for faculty members)
- Department of Mathematics
- Save as PDF or Print (to save as PDF, pick the corresponding option from the list of printers, located in the window which will popup)
School of Science
Department of Mathematics
|Level of Studies||
Geometry of Transformations
|Independent Teaching Activities||
Lectures (Weekly Teaching Hours: 3, Credits: 6)
Linear Algebra, Analytic Geometry
|Language of Instruction and Examinations||
|Is the Course Offered to Erasmus Students||
Yes (in English)
|Course Website (URL)||See eCourse, the Learning Management System maintained by the University of Ioannina.|
The course can be viewed as a continuation of Analytic Geometry. The aim is to study geometric transformations of the plane or space. The classification of isometries is provided. Further applications are given, as well the classification of second degree surfaces. Moreover, algebraic curves are studied. Upon completion of the course, the student should be familiar with notions of geometry and geometric transformations that are used in other courses like Calculus of several variables.
Geometric transformations of the plane and space. Isometries, applications. Classification of second degree surfaces. Algebraic curves.
Teaching and Learning Methods - Evaluation
|Use of Information and Communications Technology||-|
|Student Performance Evaluation||
Written final examination.
- Thomas F. Banchoff και John Wermer, Η Γραμμική Άλγεβρα μέσω Γεωμετρίας, Εκδόσεις Leader Books, Σειρά Πανεπιστημιακά Μαθηματικά Κείμενα, Αθήνα, 2009