- Ελληνική Έκδοση
- Undergraduate Courses Outlines
- Outline Modification (available only for faculty members)
- Department of Mathematics
- Save as PDF or Print (to save as PDF, pick the corresponding option from the list of printers, located in the window which will popup)
School of Science
Department of Mathematics
|Level of Studies||
|Independent Teaching Activities||
Lectures (Weekly Teaching Hours: 3, Credits: 6)
|Language of Instruction and Examinations||
|Is the Course Offered to Erasmus Students||
Yes (In English)
|Course Website (URL)||See eCourse, the Learning Management System maintained by the University of Ioannina.|
The aim of the course is the achievement by the undergraduate student of the theoretical background in the theory of Fourier series
The objective of the course is the undergraduate student's ability achievement in analysis and synthesis of the basic background in Harmonic Analysis.
Trigonometric polynomials, partial sums of the Fourier series of a function, Bessel's inequality, Lemma Riemann-Lebesgue, Parseval's identity for Riemann integrable functions, complex Riemann integrable functions defined on an interval, Fourier coefficients and Fourier series, the Dirichlet kernel, criteria for uniform convergence of the Fourier series, convolution of functions and approximations to the identity, Fejer kernel, theorem of Fejer, Poisson kernel, Abel summability of the Fourier series, applications.
Teaching and Learning Methods - Evaluation
|Use of Information and Communications Technology||-|
|Student Performance Evaluation||
Written examination at the end of the semester.
- Yitzhak Katznelson, An Introduction to Harmonic Analysis, Dover Edition.
- Elias M. Stein, Rami Shakarchi, Fourier Analysis, An Introduction, Princeton University Press.