- Ελληνική Έκδοση
- Undergraduate Courses Outlines
- Outline Modification (available only for faculty members)
- Department of Mathematics
- Save as PDF or Print (to save as PDF, pick the corresponding option from the list of printers, located in the window which will popup)
School of Science
Department of Mathematics
|Level of Studies||
Infinitesimal Calculus III
|Independent Teaching Activities||
Lectures, laboratory exercises (Weekly Teaching Hours: 5, Credits: 7.5)
|Language of Instruction and Examinations||
|Is the Course Offered to Erasmus Students||
Yes (in English)
|Course Website (URL)||See eCourse, the Learning Management System maintained by the University of Ioannina.|
The main learning outcomes are the:
- Algebraic and topological structure of the Euclidean space R^n and geometric representation of the two- and three-dimensional space. Vector-sequences and their use concerning the topology of R^n.
- Real- and Vector-valued functions of several variables. Limits and continuity of functions.
- Partial derivatives. Partially differentiable and differentiable functions. Directional derivative. Differential operators and curves in R^n.
- Higher order partial derivatives. Taylor Theorem. Local and global extrema of real-valued functions. Implicit Function Theorem. Inverse Function Theorem. Constrained extrema.
Teaching and Learning Methods - Evaluation
|Use of Information and Communications Technology||
|Student Performance Evaluation||
Final written exam in Greek (in case of Erasmus students in English)