- Ελληνική Έκδοση
- Undergraduate Courses Outlines
- Outline Modification (available only for faculty members)
- Department of Mathematics
- Save as PDF or Print (to save as PDF, pick the corresponding option from the list of printers, located in the window which will popup)
|School||School of Science|
|Academic Unit||Department of Mathematics|
|Level of Studies||Undergraduate|
|Course Title||Linear Algebra II|
|Independent Teaching Activities||Lectures (Weekly Teaching Hours: 5, Credits: 7.5)|
|Course Type||General Background|
|Language of Instruction and Examinations||Greek|
|Is the Course Offered to Erasmus Students||Yes (in English)|
|Course Website (URL)||See eCourse, the Learning Management System maintained by the University of Ioannina.|
After finishing the course, the students will be able:
The aim of the course is to empower the graduate to analyse and compose notions and knowledge of Linear Algebra and advance creative and productive thinking.
Eigenvalues, Eigenvectors, Eigenspaces, Diagonalisation, Cauley-Hamilton thoerem, Euclidean spaces, Orthogonality, Gram-Schmidt orthogonalization, Orthogonal matrices, Self-adjoint endomorphisms, Symmetric matrices, Spectral theorem, Isometries, Quadratic forms, Principal Axes, Square root of a nonnegative real symmetric matrix. Norms of a matrix.
Teaching and Learning Methods - Evaluation
|Use of Information and Communications Technology||-|
|Student Performance Evaluation||
Final written exam in Greek (in case of Erasmus students in English) which includes resolving application problems.
- Introduction to Linear Algebra (Greek), Bozapalidis Symeon, ISBN: 978-960-99293-5-6 (Editor): Charalambos Nik. Aivazis