- Ελληνική Έκδοση
- Undergraduate Courses Outlines
- Outline Modification (available only for faculty members)
- Department of Mathematics
- Save as PDF or Print (to save as PDF, pick the corresponding option from the list of printers, located in the window which will popup)
School of Science
Department of Mathematics
|Level of Studies||
Statistical Data Analysis
|Independent Teaching Activities||
Lectures-Laboratory (Weekly Teaching Hours: 3, Credits: 6)
|Language of Instruction and Examinations||
|Is the Course Offered to Erasmus Students||
Yes (in English, reading Course)
|Course Website (URL)||See eCourse, the Learning Management System maintained by the University of Ioannina.|
The aim of this course is the implementation of the statistical theory which was developed in "633-Statistical Inference" and "733-Regression and Analysis of Variance" in analyzing (statistical) data by using statistical packages (for instance JMP, SPSS, S-Plus). At the end of the course the student should be able to:
The implementation of the statistical theory which was developed in "633-Statistical Inference" and "733-Regression and Analysis of Variance" in analyzing data using statistical packages (for instance JMP, SPSS, S-Plus) is the main aim of the course. In particular, the following subjects are discussed: testing hypotheses, simple and multiple linear regression analysis, one way and two way Anova (with and without interaction). The course is laboratorial.
Teaching and Learning Methods - Evaluation
|Use of Information and Communications Technology||Use of ICT in communication with students|
|Student Performance Evaluation||
Final written exam in Greek (in case of Erasmus students in English) which concentrates on the solution of problems which are motivated by the main themes of the course.
- Carver and Nash (2006). Doing data analysis with SPSS version #
- Coakes and Steed (1999).SPSS: Analysis Without Anguish
- Απόστολος Μπατσίδης (2014). Στατιστική Ανάλυση Δεδομένων με το S.P.S.S. (διαθέσιμες στην ιστοσελίδα του μαθήματος καθώς και διδακτικό υλικό).