- Ελληνική Έκδοση
- Undergraduate Courses Outlines
- Outline Modification (available only for faculty members)
- Department of Mathematics
- Save as PDF or Print (to save as PDF, pick the corresponding option from the list of printers, located in the window which will popup)
School of Science
Department of Mathematics
|Level of Studies||
Theory of Probability and Statistics
|Independent Teaching Activities||
Lectures (Weekly Teaching Hours: 3, Credits: 6)
|Language of Instruction and Examinations||
|Is the Course Offered to Erasmus Students||
Yes (in English, reading Course)
|Course Website (URL)||See eCourse, the Learning Management System maintained by the University of Ioannina.|
Extension and generalization of concepts taught in MAF331 and MAF43# Creation of a suitable base for deepening the scope of Statistical Science. At the end of the course the student should be able to:
Random vectors-Multivariate distribution function-Joint probability- Joint probability density function. Marginal distributions. Conditional distributions. Special bivariate and multivariate distributions (multinomial, bivariate and multivariate normal etc). Expectation, Variance-Covariance matrix. Moments and Moment generating function of random vector. Distribution of a function of random variables. Order Statistics. Convergence of random variables. Sampling distributions.
Teaching and Learning Methods - Evaluation
|Use of Information and Communications Technology||-|
|Student Performance Evaluation||
Final written exam in Greek (in case of Erasmus students in English).
- Mood, A. M., Graybill, F. A. and Boes, D. C. (1974). Introduction to the Theory of Statistics. 3d ed. ISBN-13 978007085465# McGraw-Hill. New York.