- Ελληνική Έκδοση
- Undergraduate Courses Outlines
- Outline Modification (available only for faculty members)
- Department of Mathematics
- Save as PDF or Print (to save as PDF, pick the corresponding option from the list of printers, located in the window which will popup)
School of Science
Department of Mathematics
|Level of Studies||
Database Systems and Web applications development
|Independent Teaching Activities||
Lectures-Laboratory (Weekly Teaching Hours: 3, Credits: 6)
|Language of Instruction and Examinations||
|Is the Course Offered to Erasmus Students||
|Course Website (URL)||See eCourse, the Learning Management System maintained by the University of Ioannina.|
- Data models with emphasis on relational model. Introduction to relational algebra and relational calculus. Conceptual Models: Entity-Associations Model. Theory of dependencies. Form normalization (1NF, 2NF, 3NF, BCNF). Database design. Introduction to Database Management Systems.
- SQL language with practical application using MariaDB. Create tables, modify fields, add records to a table, Database tables management.
- Create basic SQL queries in MariaDB tables.
- SQL joins, SQL table associations-relations, foreign keys, stored procedures, triggers.
- Introduction to the web and its capabilities. Web page development. Basic HTML content formatting commands, Add images, create tables, lists and frames, HTML layers, divs HTML 5 additional commands.
- HTML and content formatting using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Advanced ways of responsive formatting using the Bootstrap library.
- Introduction to PHP, basic language capabilities, input output, data types, conditions, repetitive loops.
- Use of PHP and MySQL, presentation of PHP input functions and retrieval of information from DB tables. (mysqli-PDO api). Creating dynamic web pages.
- Mathematical extensions of PHP, PHP and data processing from DB to solve linear equation problems, presentation of the PHP-LAPACK class.
- Mathematical extensions of PHP, PHP and statistical data processing from DB, presentation of PHP statistical functions.
- Asynchronous communication with DB, PHP and AJAX, using the jQuery library and JSON configuration. Presentation and use of AngularJS and NodeJS frameworks.
Teaching and Learning Methods - Evaluation
|Use of Information and Communications Technology||Use of Micro-computers Laboratory|
|Student Performance Evaluation||
- PHP 6 AND MYSQL 5 FOR DYNAMIC WEB SITES, 5 Edition, LARRY ULLMAN, ISBN-13: 978-0134301846, 2018.