- Ελληνική Έκδοση
- Undergraduate Courses Outlines
- Outline Modification (available only for faculty members)
- Department of Mathematics
- Save as PDF or Print (to save as PDF, pick the corresponding option from the list of printers, located in the window which will popup)
School of Science
Department of Mathematics
|Level of Studies||
Regression and Analysis of Variance
|Independent Teaching Activities||
Lectures (Weekly Teaching Hours: 3, Credits: 6)
|Language of Instruction and Examinations||
|Is the Course Offered to Erasmus Students||
Yes (in English, reading Course)
|Course Website (URL)||See eCourse, the Learning Management System maintained by the University of Ioannina.|
The aim of the course is the presentation, study and application of linear models and more precisely the simple and multiple linear regression models and analysis of variance of one or more factors, as well. The general linear model is presented to unify the above mentioned regression and analysis of variance models. This course is focused on the theory of linear models and their applications in modelling statistical data. At the end of the course, students understand the aforementioned issues of the theory of linear models and it is, moreover, expected that they will be able to apply the theory of linear models for the analysis of real statistical data.
Theory of linear models. Simple linear regression. Multiple linear regression. One-and multi-way analysis of variance. Multiple comparisons. Applications.
Teaching and Learning Methods - Evaluation
|Use of Information and Communications Technology||Use of ICT in communication with students|
|Student Performance Evaluation||
Final written exam in Greek (in case of Erasmus students in English) which concentrates on the solution of problems which are motivated by the main themes of the course.
- Kutner, M. H., Nachtsheim, Ch., Neter, J. and Li. W. (2004). Applied Linear Statistical Models. 5 Edition, McGraw-Hill.
- Montgomery, D. C., Peck, E. A. και Vining, G. G. (2006). Introduction to linear regression analysis. 4th Edition, Wiley.
- Rencher, A. C. (2000). Linear models in statistics. Wiley.
- Sahai, H. and Ageel, M. (2000). The Analysis of Variance. Birkhauser.
- Καρακώστας, Κ. (2002). Γραµµικά Μοντέλα: Παλινδρόµηση και Ανάλυση ∆ιακύµανσης. Πανεπιστήµιο Ιωαννίνων.